Friday, August 26, 2011

Letter Crafts - Uppercase & Lowercase

Monday is officially our first day of the new school year, and I can hardly wait!  This year, I will be working with Super Tot on learning his letters.  We will be doing one new letter each week, and having a review week every 6 weeks.

I have always loved the letter crafts that I have seen on various blogs, and I knew I wanted to incorporate that concept into our lessons.  Some of the crafts I have seen use the letters at different angles, which I thought might confuse Super Tot during the time that he is initially learning them.  I hope to do this type of activity each year, so I know I will use those in the future.  However, my creative side also wanted to create some new crafts that I hadn't seen before.  I was unable to be original with some of the letters, but you might find some new ideas and inspiration here. 

Super Tot will be doing these crafts as he learns the letters, but I have put together an ABC Book for him that shows my examples.  

Here they are:

Cover:

 A is for Angel:

 a is for apple:

B is for Beaver:

 b is for balloon:

 C is for Clown:

 c is for clock:

 D is for Dog:

d is for dinosaur:

 E is for Eagle:

 e is for electric eel:

 F is for Flag:

 f is for flower:

 G is for Goose:

 g is for grapes:

 H is for Hair:
You can't tell in the picture, but the hair is fringed on both the top and bottom.

h is for hive:

 I is for Icicle:

 i is for inch:

J is for Jar of Jelly:

j is for jaguar:

 K is for Kite:

 k is for kangaroo:

L is for Lighthouse:

l is for ladybug:

 M is for Mittens:

 m is for microphone:

 N is for Nails:

 n is for nest:

 O is for Otter:
While I am generally fairly artistic, I botched drawing this otter 3 times.  I ended up finding this one online and printing it onto brown construction paper.

o is for orange:

P is for Peacock:

p is for pumpkin:

Q is for Queen:

q is for quilt:

R is for Raccoon:

r is for rainbow:

S is for Swan:

s is for scarf:

T is for Table:

t is for turtle:

U is for Unicorn:

u is for umbrella:

V is for Vase:

v is for vine:

W is for Watermelon:

w is for worm:

X is for Xylophone:

x is for x-ray:

Y is for Yolk:

y is for yarn:

Z is for Zebra:

z is for zipper:

Now I know my ABC's!

I hope you are inspired!

Linking to:






23 comments:

  1. I love it-- you are so creative! I'm definitely inspired. Lots to pin here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! You are so very creative! I especially love the balloon, the flag, the flower, the lighthouse, and the worm. I'll be saving this post for inspiration when Firecracker is old enough to do them. (Punkin is kinda past that point right now...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these ideas!! Can't wait to do some of them with my son. You are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I am so impressed that you have done them all already! Awesome ideas!!! Thank you for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list- Love that the upper and lower case are both involved here! Thank you for linking up to The Sunday Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is FANTASTIC! We are adding these crafts to our All About Reading pre-level 1program. We love them! Thanks for linking up to the Ultimate Alphabet Craft Collection!! http://theattachedmama.blogspot.com/2010/07/ultimate-alphabet-craft-collection_07.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I love your website and find it super helpful! I have a question about the letter crafts. Do you have "Super Tot" recreate each letter as it is shown here? Or do you just go over the letters you have already made for him? Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SWiemers,

    He recreates each one on the week that we are learning that letter. Of course, his don't look quite like mine most of the time, but I just have the book I made for him open to the correct page and let him do his best to mimic mine. Thanks for asking! Great question!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are amazing! I just found you via Pinterest! :)
    Kimberly
    creativeteaching-kimberly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am featuring you again on my Fave Five Friday :) Specifically, your mitten M which is so stinking clever!

    http://his4homeschooling.blogspot.com/2012/03/fave-five-friday-all-things-mittens.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I just saw this today. I am impressed and a bit
    overwhelmed. How long did it take for you to
    complete this? Any tips on how we can successfully
    complete our own ABC Book? Thanks!

    Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm DEFINITELY inspired!! Thanks so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing. This is amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the beaver, eel, hive, & scarf! The book turned out amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is GREAT! Love your alphabet artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE these! You are so very creative!! Hope to use some of these in my preschool class.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Using this as my official letter craft plan! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can you fix your link to the O - Otter craft. It should be this page - http://www.daniellesplace.com/html/OtterCrafts.html#ottertoy
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for posting this update. I have changed the link in my post.

      Delete
  19. Great hands-on learning activity! I linked to your page here: http://www.daniellesplace.com/html/OtterCrafts.html

    ReplyDelete

Due to recent spam activity, I have turned word verification OFF and comment moderation ON.