Monday, August 22, 2011

What's on the Tray? Aug. 22-26

Super Tot is 31 months old.

Fruit Loop Color Chart
Draw a circle on the chart indicating the correct color of each Fruit Loop.  Count the totals when complete.

Circles are the one shape Super Tot can draw right now, so I thought he would enjoy drawing circles, rather than coloring in the box.  You could do it either way.

Free printables are available below the photo.
~Fine motor, Color Recognition, Counting & Number Recognition~ 

FREE PRINTABLES
(click on each and print landscaped)
Top - Chart for drawing circles into each box
Bottom - Graph for coloring in each box
Happy / Sad Sorting
Sort each photograph by whether the person looks happy or sad.  

I Googled "happy" and "sad" faces, printed them onto cardstock and laminated them.  You could also use pictures cut out of magazines or photographs you have on hand.
~Social Skills, Sorting / Categorizing~

Number Links
Attach the correct number and color of links to each ticket.

Super Tot might initially need a little assistance placing the first link onto each ticket, but I think he'll have that mastered by the end of the week.
~Counting, Number Recognition, Color Matching, Fine Motor~

Letter Writing / Envelope Stuffing
"Write" letters, stuff into envelopes and place sticker "stamp" into correct corner of envelope.

I might change this out with real stamps and let him send actual "letters" this week, but I didn't have any on hand.
~Practical Life, Pre-Writing, Fine Motor~

 Connect-A-Cube Patterns
Create matching patterns using Connect-A-Cubes.


I am currently sticking to AB patterns, but with these cubes, you can do pretty much anything!
~Patterning, Matching, Fine Motor~

Pom Pom Sort w/ Tongs
Using tongs, place each pom pom into the correctly colored tube.

This is just another way to use the toilet paper roll sorter I made for sorting popsicle sticks.  I love using my tools in a variety of ways.
~Fine Motor, Color Sorting~

Clothes Pin Letter Matching
Clip Clothes Pin onto correct Alphabet Disk.

This is another example of finding multiple uses for one tool.  These Alphabet Disks are one of my favorite and most versatile items!
~Letter Recognition & Matching, Fine Motor~

Linking to:


22 comments:

  1. Everything looks so cute! Love the fruit loops- it is just so hard to keep John John from eating them before he graphs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always amazing ideas!

    Where did you find/purchase your wooden trays & bowls?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Robyn! I get the wooden trays at my local craft store in the unfinished wood section. The round wooden container is from the same place (the links and letter disks are in the lid). The tray with the happy/sad activity was purchased in the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have any tray activity ideas for older kids (4 year olds)? Or is it pretty much just for 2/3 year olds?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fruit loop chart and the toilet paper roll sorter! I am just starting so have been saving toilet paper rolls to use with popsicle sticks so I like that you have another option to use them with. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome ideas!! I also homeschool my little girl. I am your new follower!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiffany, my activites are pretty much for a child in the 2/3 age range. I did "school" my daughter at that age, but it was 7 years ago, and I was not blogging at the time. There are lots of great blogs for that age, though. Counting Coconuts is one my favorites. She uses Montessori & Waldorf methods with her son, who is closer to that age.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad to have found your blog! So many great ideas I can start prepping for my 13 month old. Thanks for your detailed posts and just a random thought--I LOVE your header!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All fantastic trays! LOVE that you use household items to do most of your trays or things that you have on hand.

    I am definitely going to try the happy/sad sorting with my toddler in a couple of months!

    Tiffany, for 4 year olds Counting Coconuts is great and so is 1+1+1=1 the preschool section. Chasing Cherrios, The Adventures of Bear are also fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We did a happy/sad/mad matching activity last month, but I like your sorting activity better! Lots of great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love your activity trays ... they're so creative and attractive! Your number links and letter writing/envelope stuffing are very cool! Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday! I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love your color sorting toilet paper tubes! I'm going to have to make one of those!! I would love it if you would link up to my party, Pinterest Tuesday! I am sure that other moms would like to Pin your super cute ideas!

    http://ourcountryroad.blogspot.com/2011/08/pinterest-tuesday-mini-coopers-birthday.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to use your Fruit Loop Color Chart. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your trays as usual! You make such fun activities from ordinary/repurposed household items. I have a question about the clothespins: how long did it take SuperTot to master those? Everytime I introduce them J. either breaks them or gets frustrated. I don't know if I just have the wrong kind (I got mine at JoAnn), or if we just need to keep trying until he masters the skill...

    Also, thanks for your comment on my bin. You were so helpful to me when I was asking questions about bins. It's fun to start trying them out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amanda, he still has a little trouble with the clothes pins, but is getting better. I just keep trying! I have found that the mini ones are MUCH easier to open. I use those about half of the time, and Super Tot has mastered them. I use the standard size the rest of the time, but he sometimes needs a little help. You might have a tray sometime that is just plain clothes pins and a cup. Have your little one just practice clipping them around the cup. We did that several weeks in a row, which helped with the dexterity of working them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks! I didn't even know they made mini ones! I'll have to make a craft store run this week-- maybe we can try putting them onto a cup next week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. fun - you always have such fab trays! I wish I had a tot!

    Thanks for sharing this on the Sunday Showcase - hope to see you this week.

    Bern
    http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  18. We tried the happy sad face sorting this morning. So interesting to learn what she thought of the faces!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Do you have a template that you used for the raffle tickets?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Here is a link to purchase the tickets. I got them at a local teacher store:

    http://www.trendenterprises.com/ProdOneDetail.cfm?ItemId=T-10846&Description=Winning+Tickets+Mini+Accents+Variety+Pack#.TzBcRxyvdoo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Where did you get the connecting cubes? I remember them from math class when I was in early elementary school. What great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Due to recent spam activity, I have turned word verification OFF and comment moderation ON.