Saturday, February 26, 2011

Super Tot School 2/21-26

We had another good week of Tot School!  Super Tot's attention span was rather short this week, but we did enjoy several activities, and he even wanted to do them in the evenings and other times throughout each day.  Here are some of the activities we did this week: 
 Placing bears into an empty baby wipe container.  

We use our empty baby wipe container almost every week.  It reminds me of being a kid and playing with the empty boxes on Christmas, rather than the toys that came in them, or the empty gift wrap tubes (my kids did that last week).  What a simple item, trash or recycling, really, that has become such a valuable tool! 
 Transferring spiky balls using a spoon/tongs.
 I found this cute box (it is a drawer organizer) in Target's Dollar Spot and thought it would be perfect for transferring and sorting.  I also found a pack of 5 spiky balls in the Dollar Spot the same day.  I had the cute spoon from a little dishes set and the tongs are from Ikea.

 Super Tot still has a hard time using the tongs correctly, but he loves trying.  We'll keep working on it!
Lacing jumbo beads. 
 Super Tot has a very hard time using a lace, but we continue to try.  
 I always encourage him to try with the lace first, but then he uses a little dowel (it's actually a pointer) and "laces" the beads onto it fairly easily.  It is still great fine motor work, so I'm happy for him to build his confidence using the dowel.

 More lacing practice with buttons.
 I thought the buttons might be a little easier to use with the lace.  They were a "little" easier, but still quite a challenge.

Transferring wooden cubes into empty soda bottle. 
 This one was thrown together at the last minute.  Super Tot wanted to use the cubes and I didn't have anything ready for him to do with them.  I opened my storage closet and saw a box of empty containers.  This one was inside, so I got it out.  The cubes just barely fit, so I thought it might be good for him. 

 We also changed our Valentine Sensory Bin into a St. Patrick's Day Sensory Bin!  See a post all about that here.


To see what other Tot moms are doing, click here!

5 comments:

  1. I love all your activities. The St. Pat's ducks are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! I pulled out the counting bears this week and we have plenty of empty baby wipe containers. Going to go find one now...!
    (oh & Jonathan just loves that tool box too!) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. smaramirez, these trays can be purchased here:
      http://www.orientaltrading.com/cool-craft-trays-a2-57_9001.fltr?Ntt=trays

      Delete
  4. Would it be possible, please, to use your graphic to share about this on my blog? I was searching for great ideas for Tots Activities, and found this! It would be so helpful to add a graphic with my link. My blog is wwwthejoyfulkeeper.blogspot.com Yours hopefully...

    ReplyDelete

Due to recent spam activity, I have turned word verification OFF and comment moderation ON.