Saturday, May 21, 2011

365 Things We Love About You

UPDATED SEPTEMBER 2015
I AM STILL HAPPY TO SHARE MY LIST OF 365 REASONS, SO BE SURE TO E-MAIL ME AT THE ADDRESS LISTED ON MY "CONTACT ME" PAGE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!

This past Christmas, we wanted to make a special gift for Super Daddy, so we decided to make him a jar full of things we love about him - 365 reasons, to be exact!  It was a super easy and fun gift to make, and he enjoys it every single day.  He says it is the best gift he's ever gotten!  

With Father's Day coming up, I thought I would share the idea with you.  Obviously, this could be adapted for any parent, child, spouse or other loved one.

This is an inexpensive and precious gift, as well as environmentally friendly!  

Supplies:
Empty Jar - clean, no lid necessary
Construction paper cut down to 8 1/2" x 11"
Computer & Printer
Fabric scrap
Ponytail holder or rubber band
Label
Scissors or paper cutter

Start by making a list of 365 things you love about the person.  Think outside the box and be creative!!  I created mine on the computer and used automatic numbering so I would know when I had 365 items.  Then, I removed the number formatting so it was just the list without numbers.  Be sure to double space your list.  

Next, print the list onto the construction paper.  The construction paper fits right into the paper tray and prints well.  
 Once the list is printed, use a paper cutter or scissors to cut the items into individual slips of paper.  
 I folded each slip in half, and then in half again.  As I folded them, I placed them into the jar, so I mixed up the colors as I went.  They were REALLY smashed down tight to make them all fit.  
 Once the slips were all in the jar, I used a ponytail holder to "seal" the jar with a piece of scrap fabric.  

Lastly, I printed off a label that said, "365 Things We Love About You!" and affixed it to the front of the jar.  

Super Daddy takes one slip out to read each morning.  He actually put a second jar next to this one on his dresser, and puts the slips in the new jar once he reads them.  When I asked him why, he said he wanted to save them so he could do it again next year!!  

I know this simple gift is something that is a daily reminder to my husband of how much we love him.  It truly lifts his spirits and starts each day out with a smile!


I have been asked by several people to share my list.  I am happy to do so, but cannot post it on my blog because my husband hasn't gone through all the slips in his jar yet.  I would hate for it to be ruined for him by even accidentally seeing the list!  Please click the contact me link above and send me an e-mail if you would like a copy of my list to assist you in coming up with 365 items.  You could also do a "100 Things We Love About You" jar, should you still have trouble coming up with enough items.
Check out these other awesome blogs I am linking to:

28 comments:

  1. This is great!! What a sweet idea. Thanks for sharing your idea :) I'm adding this to my Father's Day list of Inspirations!! :)

    http://SunScholars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely idea. Thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower. Come over to Greetings From the Asylum and follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best father's day present ever. I'm gonna have my kids make it for dad this year...thanks for sharing :)
    ~Jill from 'Just Dream, Jelly Bean!'
    (newest follower)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute! What a special gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea! It won't quite work for us for Father's Day, but my boys grandmother lives in another state and misses "her" boys like crazy. I bet this would be a great way to remind her of just how much we love and miss her too! Thanks for the idea. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo adorable! What a great way to show someone how much you appreciate them everyday without saying a word! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! And such a pretty presentation too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this! Thank you for a great idea. I have not been to your blog before, but I am following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea! We were thinking of fathers day present and this will certainly do the trick! Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower, oh heck, a new everything really in blog land!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a great idea! Might use this idea for Valentine's Day too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is very sweet. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is darling!!! love the idea very sweet

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet idea! Love it! I would love for you to stop by on Thursday and link up!
    www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who wouldn't love this as a gift!?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for linking up to "It's a Party"! Hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an absolutely sweet and simple idea that I am shamelessly going to copy for Father's Day this year! :-) Thank you so much for coming by and linking it up to our Inspiration Friday party this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Be extra sure to stop by my blog to vote for the winner of the Best in Show award this week! I think you'll be happy to see which blogger was nominated ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great Idea. Could you share your list? Having trouble coming up with 365 things.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! I made something like it a year ago, when my hubby and I had to be apart for 1 month.. I attached the notes to little hershey chocolates and he could open one for each day we had to spent apart.
    Thank you so much for linking up to {nifty thrifty sunday}!
    I hope to see you again tomorrow!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think you can replace that nomination button on your sidebar ;)

    http://lambaround.blogspot.com/2011/06/best-in-show-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! I commented last month but wanted to let you know that I featured your awesome idea on my post today called 'Alooooha Friday Wrap Up' so I hope you check it out! My followers are sure to love it as well :)

    http://jelly-bean-dream.blogspot.com/2011/06/aloooooha-friday-wrap-up.html

    ~Jill from 'Just Dream, Jelly Bean!'

    ReplyDelete
  22. I totally adore this jar - This is the best idea. Super cute and so sentimental. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party - I greatly appreciate it. I am a little behind commenting - but I have featured this last week. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  23. really cool idea

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am going to send this to my husband who is deployed so he has one to read everyday until he comes home

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love to get a copy of your list if you are still willing to share. This is a great idea!

    bexjex@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is awesome!! What a wonderful idea, I will be really gratefull to receive a copy of your list, my husband´s birthday is in 3 days and I would love to do this for him withour kids. But I have no time and need some ideas !!!
    My email is: obenju@hotmail.com

    Thanks thanks thanks from Spain !!

    ReplyDelete

Due to recent spam activity, I have turned word verification OFF and comment moderation ON.