Sunday, September 4, 2011

Letter Bb - What's on the Tray?

We had so much fun with our letter Aa activities last week!  Super Tot even memorized his first 2 Bible verses!  This is HUGE, as he has only really been combining syllables/words for about 2-3 months.  The verses he memorized were:
"All have sinned." ~ Romans 3:23
and
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." ~Joshua 24:15
I didn't approach the verses with any thought of memorization at all.  I was just reading them to him to go along with our letter Aa activities.  We talked about them and he repeated them each a few times on Monday and Tuesday.  On Wednesday, he said them to me on his own.  I couldn't believe it!  I am so excited to add scripture memory to our Tot School.  He was so proud of himself, and I am delighted that he is hiding God's word in his heart at such a tender young age!  Thank you for allowing me to Mommy-brag for a moment.  

Here are the activities we have planned to go along with the letter Bb.

Uppercase & Lowercase Basketball Sorting
Place each basketball into the appropriate goal based on the letter written on the ball.  
I simply cut circles out of orange construction paper and drew the seams on.  The basketball goal printable is available below the photograph (print landscaped).  I added the letters to the printable after I wrote them onto mine.
~letter recognition, sorting~
Transferring Blue Bears
Transfer the blue bears from one bowl to another using tongs.
~fine motor~

Uppercase & Lowercase Bb Color Match
Place each dot sticker onto a matching letter, within a circle of the same color.
~letter recognition & matching, color matching, fine motor~

Color Rings Sorting Board
Place each wooden ring onto the correctly colored peg.  
This item is available at here at Lakeshore Learning.
~color recognition & matching, fine motor~

Building Blocks
Free / Creative block play.
~creativity, fine motor, gross motor, etc.~

Letter Bb Dot Match
Place a blue dot sticker onto each circle on the Bb sheet.  
The printable is available here from Confessions of a Homeschooler.
~one to one correspondence, fine motor, letter recognition~

Cutting & Pasting
Paste the various items onto the sheets (berries, buttons, balloons, etc.)  
The book I got these from is available here.  I will cut the actual items out, but I will allow Super Tot to assist, as well as to cut on the extra paper.
~fine motor, basic cutting & pasting skills~

Big / Little Bear Sort
Sort the bears by size.  
I cut these bear photographs from a decoupage book my husband's great grandmother gave us.  You could easily print photos from online.
~size differentiation, sorting~

 I SPY the Letter "Bb"
Circle all Uppercase and Lowercase Bb's.  
Super Tot LOVED this activity last week.  I printed the sheet onto 8 1/2 x 11 paper and placed it in a page protector.  I gave him a dry erase marker & eraser, and he did this over and over all week.  You can click on the photo and print it landscaped to use on your own, as well.  I will be doing this with every letter.
~Letter Recognition, Fine Motor, Pre-Writing~

Super Tot will also be doing the following 2 letter crafts.
B is for Beaver and b is for balloon. 
These are part of a letter book I put together for him, which you can read about and see all of our letter crafts here.

The Bible verses we will be working this week are:
"Be kind and compassionate to one another." ~Ephesians 4:32
"Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved." ~Acts 16:31

Linking to:








11 comments:

  1. Yay for Super Tot! It's so important to have little ones memorizing the Word. What resources do you use to choose your memory verses?

    I *love* your alphabet themed tot trays. You're so creative and definitely an inspiration to me! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. some great ideas! I will be copying a few for this week I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the I Spy sheeet, I'll definitely keep it in mind for when my little one is a bit older!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that Super Tot is memorizing verses!! Great job!!

    Loved your B themes and ideas! I may file a couple away for when we do our letter B!

    Visiting you from the Tot School blog hop! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always come up with such attractive and creative trays! I love that you even have a B tray for basketball fans! Thanks for linking up with Montessori Monday. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the basketball tray! So fun. AND yea for memory verses. We are starting ours this week. I'm pretty excited. There are so many verses that I recall learning when I was younger that are just a part of me. I think that is due to the age that I learned them at. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these ideas! I especially like the blue dot stickers on letter b. I have used do a dot markers on those letter sheets before but never thought of using the dot stickers! Froggy Boots loves doing stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the basketball. I will have to steal that one for our sports themed week coming up! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are working on the letter B this week too. Thanks for sharing. Came over from For the Kids Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. as always love all your activities! Featured this post on this week's Sunday Showcase!

    Thanks for linking to the Sunday Showcase! Hope to see you again this week!

    Bern
    http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute ideas! i love it,thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Due to recent spam activity, I have turned word verification OFF and comment moderation ON.